Wednesday, May 26, 2010

The India time - part 1

The room been arranged does not include the Wifi connection, there is standard charge rate listed in the room, but since there r 3 of us stay in the hotel, and for quite a long stay, then I think we may be able to get a better deal. So, I try to check this out.

---------------------------------------------------------
1st time:
me: Can you please let us know what would be the rate if we want to connect Wifi from our room?
front desk: OK, let me checks for u
me: OK, we are going to outside for some walk, can u please get the details when we are back
front desk: No problem, madam

---------------------------------------------------------
After about one hour, we are back from outside

me: Hi, do u have the answer for me already?
front desk: you can check for the rate in your room, madam.
me: I know there is standard rate, but I wonder if we can get some special offer since we are staying for long
front desk: let me check ....
.... then the lady talk to her colleague in their language ...
front desk: madam, we will need to checks with our manager, he is in a meeting now, so we will call to your room later about this
me: When?
front desk: in about 30 mins
me: OK, i'll wait for your call
front desk: sure, madam

----------------------------------------------------------
After ONE hour, no call from them yet, so I made a call from my room
me: Hi, I'm calling from room xxx, I asked about the Wifi connection, do you have the details now?
front desk: sorry madam, not yet, can I check again and call u back?
me: When can you come back to me
front desk: in 10 mins madam

---------------------------------------------------------
After 30 mins, again hear nothing. So, I decided to go to lobby to meet the front desk lady face to face.
me: Hi, do you have the answer already?
front desk: Sorry, not yet, can you please take a sit, let me call my manager now.

.... i'm waiting at the lobby ... then the hotel deputy manager come and talk to me about this. finally we enjoy a 50% discount for the daily access, but ... i am not too happy with the front desk service 'style' as related to this issue.

---------------------------------------------------------
As I asked so many times, also, she herself is promise a time frame that she will response on it, I think at least she should call to my room to tell if her manager is still busy that she does not get any response yet. But what happen now is that I really have to make my face so thick to ask the same question again and again until the manager show himself to me.

This is no good !!

(I really getting good in criticizes people nowadays :p)

No comments: