Tuesday, May 25, 2010

First day in Pune, India

Landed safely last night in Mumbai, then took about 3 hrs drive from Mumbai to Pune.

After check-in, already 4 a.m MY time. And during that time only been told that the room is not compliments with Wifi access, this make me disconnected for some hours until I get approval from the manager that to agree on the additional fee to be paid.
So, how's the feel?

Hmm... 艰难找吃 is really the first word when I on the way from airport to hotel, I am not complaining about myself here, this is a general comments for the local Indian. Along the way, the road is not so good, very the 'dant', then this Mumbai high-way is still having busy traffic during MID NIGHT. I saw bus that full with peoples, there are a lot of doot-doot / cab still run in the road; a lot of big trucks also.
Captured badly, am trying to capture the busy traffic at the highway.

When we ask the driver what those peoples doing so late? He told that Mumbai is a never sleep city, and the traffic is nothing if compare to day time. Usually the people will try to make their trip during midnight time to avoid the real busy crazy traffic at day.

The driver also told Mumbai office hours are start from 10 instead of 9, this due to they used to stay late till night, so the hrs are shift a little bit behind as compare to other city. In Pune, the driver told it start from 8 (i was so shock, but luckily I confirm that the training will be start at 9 only :p). So, if you need to deal with Indian office, not only need to aware of the timezone different, their office hours may be something need to confirm as well.

Oh ya, the horning sound is very very common here. In fact, those big trucks would has a phase 'Horn me, Please, Thanks' at their back! After my own 'analyst', it was due to these trucks are in long shape, also it carry big big compartment, so it would be very difficult for them to notice any vehicle behind it. So, to make these trucks driver aware of this, horn is the best way.

Then, I also saw people sleeping beside the road, without anything cover on their body. It may due to the hot weather, but my first impression was these people are really living in a very difficult life...

Then, I didn't see people shitting besides the road yet...well you may say who will shit during midnight ??

Incredible India ... but still I prefer my home country lah :D

2 comments:

碧云 said...

Shitting? OMG!!!!
Are you serious? Is an adult?

UNBELIEVEABLE!!!

mf said...

serious one, it's everybody experience whenever they visit India.

And you r right, it's included the ADULT!!