Thursday, May 20, 2010

Finally ASUS K40AE is running on XP properly!

Finally the ASUS laptop is configured properly.

For the blue screen problem, it was due to the setting in BIOS.
Advance | On Chip SATA type > This must be set to 'Native IDE' for Win XP


Then with the drivers in the CD, the setup running quite smooth, except the web cam keep giving me problem --> the image was upside down (inverted) with the drivers downloaded from ASUS site. i'm stuck for few hours on this, and finally found the latest driver from ASUS -->
http://dlsvr04.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/Drivers/CMOS_Camera_Azurewave/Camera_Azurewave_VS011_XP_32_z585400204.zip

Also has to change the 'snp2uvc.inf' file, this value need to change:
From: Flip, 0x00010001, 0
To: Flip, 0x00010001, 1
Finally I can feel a little bit relax after work after this ... :)

8 comments:

Unknown said...

You're a life saver! Thanks for posting this. I just bought an asus and didn't like how windows 7 ran on it. So I've been trying to install XP. You just saved me a few hours of frustration trying to figure out the camera :-) Thanks again.

cendekia futuris said...

Thanks, finally there's solution for my prob.Im also used XP for my K40AE, and I've tried so, but it does't work.. I already install as link given,but didn't find the .inf file to configure it. Any suggestion?

Anonymous said...

hi,im same too problems.
damn,k40ae with windows 7 starter.
It was lag ,i tried to find xp driver,but did't found.
can u email the xp driver as u use?
thank you so much.

francischua9@hotmail.com

Anonymous said...

hi,im same too problems.
damn,k40ae with windows 7 starter.
It was lag ,i tried to find xp driver,but did't found.
can u email the xp driver as u use?
thank you so much.

wsdava@gmail.com

mf said...

hi all, thx for visiting my blog, and really sorry for late reply. (i didn't made the email notification on for the blog's comments, that's y i was not aware of your question)

anyway, found that the later question was for Windows 7, as the laptop I setup was WinXP, I search thru Google for your problem, and found this:

http://vip.asus.com/forum/view.aspx?board_id=3&model=C90S&id=20091108045648796&page=1&SLanguage=en-us
-> please checks the last comments there by Edo

Rossele said...

Hello,

I got asus K40AE too and I changed it o window xp but unfortunately my audio devices and camera and wifi are not working. can you please help me Thank You..

Rossele

Anonymous said...

thanks, you saved my life.
but where can I find the drivers for XP?

mf said...

Hi, I get the driver CD from the place I bought the laptop. Too bad I didn't have it with me now.

I Google around, really very bad that Asus website does not provide it.

But I manage to find this:
http://nb-today.blogspot.com/2010/08/driver-asus-k40ae-vx023d-for-xp-full.html

Can you please try on it?

If you still not able to get it, I will try to upload those drivers I have in the CD, but it would be somewhere next month, I am sorry about this.