Monday, October 29, 2007

How do you show number with finger??

I am not sure you have the same way to tell number with finger like me, but I found this interesting different between China people and me today.

1. Number 7

Number-7I tell 7 in this way

And... surprisingly, my China team mate all look confuse when I told 7, and show my finger to them. They said, that is means Number 8 to them!! So, here is how they show Number 7
Number-7-DLNDalian people tell 7 in this way, I assume this the local Chinese way

2. Number 8

Number-7Look familiar? Of course, I used to show it as 7 mah :D

3. Number 9

Number-9-DLNNumber 9, like the way I said 'dead'

4. Number 10

Number-10Number 10, I use the same way also

And, for those bigger than 10, they told will not use finger to tell anymore, just say the number loud!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whose fingers is that? look distorted .. and funny..
good to tell us this. tell us more the different culture to us. :)

Water Blower said...

Can explain why they do it that way?
How is that a 7? or a 8?

mf said...

jyau: don't doubt it, those are my funny finger, just that I had crop the hand from the original message, that's y it look distorted :)

water blower: I know y I use my figure in such a way, bcoz, I always assume the 5 was represent by the other hand. They told, the other hand is never used, they will use 1 hand to reprensent 1-10. Only 1 hand.

Anonymous said...

真的咧~
那时候我在香港遇见一个在中国工作的“鬼佬”,他也是这么说的。我当时还跟他说错了,应该是像我们这样,哈哈!