Thursday, October 25, 2007

Beijing Roasted Duck - 全聚德烤鸭

collage-roasted-duck
Duck duck duck... I like duck very much... duck as food OK, dun think too much :D

Taste this roasted duck will be the thing I must do if I am in Beijing, this is what I have in mind since heard about it's story. And finally today I am going to taste it...so excited about this :p

I ordered the smallest portion, which is half of the duck. And again, I did a mistake for this meal, it's quite an expensive lesson for me, later you will see.

Waited for 25 mins, the meal is served.

Duck-Half-SetHalf set of roasted duck

Duck-Half-RealMealThe 'main course'

Duck-Other-PartThe duck's part, head, tung, and dunno what is the other one

Duck-Wrap-Step-2Get the 'phobia kulit', duck to 'dim' source, 'sapu' on the 'kulit', put on some 'chong', and ready to wrap!

Duck-WrappedWrapped nicely, it's time to taste it! Yummy Yummy!!!

It was too full after I finished the meal, a bit 'zai' for the last few bite actually. If 2 person, will be just nice.

So, how's the taste? For me, it is very delicious, especially the oily skin part, taste very crispy, sweet, and 'wangi'. I really have very limited vocabulary when telling story in English...sorry for this :p.
Anyway, conclusion is, this is the best roasted duck I had in my life so far, I think the price is worth for it. You might not agree with me, but please let me know where is the restaurant you think it is better than this, I would like to give it a try also :)

Finally, time to pay bill, charges as follow:
1. Half set of roasted duck - RMB 84
2. PuEr tea 1 pot 普洱茶 - RMB 50
3. Service charge 10% - RMB 17 [Rounded figure]

Total; RMB 147!

So, you see my mistake?? It's a big mistake! I shouldn't order the tea!! It cost almost like the half set of duck!!! Some more the price is per pot, no matter you are drinking it 1 person, or 10 person.
Order a beer is much much cheaper than a tea, it could be only RMB 10. I only realize about the tea price when I read carefully the menu after order... fainted when first see the figure...

5 comments:

mh said...

睇嚟好好味喔,唔知几时我先至有机会吃到呢?如果真係好鬼死好吃既,绝对值得!中国俾我既感觉一直都係茶比较矜贵,第日小心啲喇!

Water Blower said...

mf, this is totally unlike the mf i know. Go all the way out to hunt for food and willing to pay so much.

tekko, why you comment in chinese?!

mf said...

fai goh, this is the mf you dun know. If I like the food, I will go for it when there is a chance, sometime i even create the chance ;)

mh said...

water blower, so that you cannot read ;-)

Anonymous said...

喂~没事干嘛把美食拍得那么“美味”的样子啊!
北京烤鸭,哇噻~
你等我,我很快就过去找你...