Saturday, August 07, 2010

Frankfurt City Center - Hauptwache, Römer & the Zeil

It is weekend, so, it's time to explore the city!
Start the walk by 1.30 pm, and back to hotel after 5 hours, it's very tired, but I do enjoy the walk very much.

I was getting those small cards that available in the hotel, and with a city map, I start my 'adventure'. It is really very very fun to walk alone, I enjoy every single moment; when I found the place, ah-ha; when I seems like lost some way, hmm...; all these is part of the fun.

Small reference cards & city map

Hauptwache, Römer square & the Zeil shopping mile are the areas I roaming around today. Among these places, only when I found the Römer square, 'wow' is come into my mind. I would say the other buildings are quite normal / simple, nothing much surprise, but this Römer square finally is something fascinating. There are very colorful building, special facade. Due to the boxes feel, I am thinking it is more like lego-building, but in fact, it was used as the Frankfurt city hall.
Römer Square


Hauptwache, used to be police station & jail last time, but I am not sure what it is used for now, there is restaurant there, maybe this building is kept for historical tourist spot, nothing inside.
Hauptwache
Zeil is the long long shopping mile in the city. The shops are at both sides of the street, the only special thing I can say is that in between the street, there are many trees, it was feel like a garden, actually I think overall this city is very green, I see a lot of trees around here.

Look like a park? This is the Zeil street

No comments: