Thursday, December 03, 2009

my laptop got VIRUS !!

laptop was infected by virus, very serious virus till have to format the laptop and reinstall everything...

this virus is very powerful, it is not only infected my C: drive, but all other partitions, included my external hard disk that is connected to it!!!

when i found out that the virus was too bad to be live with it, i start my laptop formatting, and as i hope to get things done faster, i use my sister's laptop to download those drivers that are compatible with Win XP (the recovery CD is only for Vista -_- !!! ) , and .... this had cause the virus spread to my sister's laptop as well bcoz there is virus in my external hard disk!!!

so the disaster is getting bigger, i was busy in last 2 days with these 2 laptop setup and reinstallation.

this is the lesson learned for me:
1. must have an antivirus program with your machine. i am now using the COMODO, AVG is another free antivirus that i know

2. after format and reinstall the system, DO NOT touch on any other drive.

3. First thing to do is to install the antivirus, then perform scan on the whole hard disk, including external hard disk that is used daily.

I was not aware of the importance for the point (2), that make me feel very surprise when the virus is strike back after the formatting, and i keep repeat this stupid mistake few times.

This cause me 2 days of effort, 4 times of system reinstall in my own laptop; 2 times of reinstall in my sister's laptop. It is very tiring, but do feel very good when found that finally the system is up and clean :)

Or maybe you are thinking why not I just sent it to people to fix, $ only mah...
But I doubt what they do might just format everything in my laptop and external hard disk... then all my things are gone, cry also useless ah~~ so i prefer to do it myself lor

2 comments:

wk said...

u shd really consider osx or ubuntu.

whistler said...

right, 4 times of reinstall is crazy. you should consider 15min to install Ubuntu and you're immune for good.