Sunday, December 12, 2010

Baumkuchen - “Tree Cake”

Had double checks with colleague why is it call Tree Cake, so, finally understand that he meant the layer looks like the tree layer after it been cut, not the shape of the whole tree, but the trunk that had been cut

---- earlier post ----
Bought this from the Mainz visit, colleague told that he always bought a BIG one for his parent during x'mas visit.

Well, it looks good to me, bcoz I think it's made of butter :D
Baumkuchen - “Tree Cake”

They call it 'Tree Cake', my colleague try to explain that after cut the cake, it looks like a tree. I was wonder how it will be when he telling this.
Going to cut now ^_^


Finally, after I cut it for my brunch, I found it is very similar to the 'kuih lapis' which is a famous cake from Indonesia. They made it layer by layer, it taste nice, very 'solid' taste. Smell & taste butter & milk as I expected :)
Looks like the 'kuih lapis', don't they?

Price? It goes by weight, this one cost me almost 18 Euro, which is close to RM 80!!!
Wa lao eh, now only I realize it is so expensive, I got to eat it very slow~~~

No comments: