Monday, October 04, 2010

Trip planning - part 1

For past 1 week, my after work task is about the trip planning.

Thanks for Catherine Lo Lily, AuYong, Joey and a China colleagu's suggestion, they points me to a lot of useful link.

I was 'dive' into these sites, to compare the price, to checks the reviews, and finally to makes booking.

So these are the websites I visited for different purpose:
1. FB pages 背包客栈 for recommendation
2. Tripadvisor for review
3. Hostelworld.com to lookup accommodation
4. Booking.com to lookup accommodation (the listing here may be a little bit expensive as compare to #3)
5. the 穷游 (www.go2eu.com) (This is a forum for China people, so... I am not too much into this, but there is some good recommendation for the guest house)
6. bahn.de for train ticket booking, I used it for depart from Germany, and back to Germany
7. Italy's train website, for train tickets within Italy. This website is good, but I faced problem when I made payment by credit card. I am a little bit worry on it, because I tried 2 times, one of it, the browser crashed; the later one, it show the payment rejected. I am not too sure should I try again or not.... I am thinking to wait for few days, call back to Citibank to see if any transaction being done on this or not before made further booking with this website..

Up till now, I had books most of the hotel & tickets already, can say is 70% completed. Next week will be still busy with this, really a big project! :p

No comments: