Wednesday, June 30, 2010

go to the place where I works 16 yrs ago!!

From Singapore 2010


This week i am in s'pore for 1 week training

My office is located in the Philip Toa Payoh building, and once upon a time, I do work in Philip, after 'careful' calculation, I found that it is 15 yrs ago!!! Time really flies.

I forgot how I feel last time, but as for my first day walk around the hotel area, I can say that I like this city environment very much, it is very green and clean.

Actually, this really surprised me, the land spaces is limited here, but yet the government do plan the green area in every housing area, included the city central. I saw trees, big trees, jogging track, clean river, nice walking route and etc that is easy for people to walk/jogging around.
Where can I found the similar green level in our place? I have to ride 20 minutes to a park for jogging, I didn't see much trees in most of the housing area, the walking track is keep rework in KL city, but the quality is never improved, it doesn't feel the 'flat' with it, always like a small hill hidden inside the walking track...
This is really something our government should learn from them (well, of coz u can say there are sooooooo much thing we should learn from them, which is really true also lah)

Then about the people .... hmm... I feel a lot of China Chinese here, not only factory worker, but also in finance & software industry

Then in the supermarket, the cashier are 90% aunt, which age could be > 50 I believe (might be wrong guess, but I think it just won't be in early 40)

Then in the food court, there are uncle, aunt that work there

In our place, these works are mostly being occupied by foreign workers.
So means S'porean has to work longer years? Or it means their government protect the people more, that they first reserve these jobs to the local people?
If you ask me, I would opt. for the 2nd possibility, at least the people have a job after 50(I means those not high educated people lah), I think this is really uncommon in our place. (then u can say our aunt, uncle is very hao ming mah, that age already sitting house enjoy retired life already)

1 comment:

Jimmy said...

well, depend how you look at it.

i think it is good to have a job after retirement. else got no work and rotting at home. our eldest got nothing to do after 55, sleep and eat only. it is good to utilizes them