Sunday, December 21, 2008

过冬了

Received a call from a Malaysian girl here, ask me to go over her place for 'tong yuen', because today is 冬至

Ah.. ya.. I never remember when is this day in the year. In my family, my parents always said 过冬大过年, means this day is even more important than CNY. I don't know why, but it's something old people want us to remember we should have dinner together at this day.

I'm too far from home now, and luckily there is somebody willing to cook and ask me just go over and eat with her. Sometimes I feel I am quite lucky, the people around me do help and taking care of me always. As compare to them, I am quite cold blood sometimes, just like to keep alone instead of calling friends to come over my house.
Shame on me right? I am learning mah... Ii need more time ;-). I think I am really doing better as compare to last time liao

Wish you all having good time there

Oh ya.. if you want to know, the local people here actually not eating 'tong yuen' 汤圆, but they eat dumpling 饺子 instead. This is the North China culture, dumpling for big day.

4 comments:

wk said...

That day my uncle called me to his place for the winter solstice dinner. I managed to chunk out a lame excuse for not going. :D

mf said...

for e.g.? got date already? :p

wk said...

Just got back, very tired. :P

mf said...

hmm.... betul-betul lame