Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Rock And Sole Plaice @ Convent Garden, 7th April 06

Rock And Sole Plaice, Traditional English Fish & Chip
Again, heard people told Rock And Sole Plaice, Traditional English Fish & Chip is very famous restaurant in London. It was established at 1871, means it's now 135 years old!I believe with this long history, and it's still able to run their business, there must be something very special about their food.

So, on last Friday (5th April 06), I get my KL colleague here to show me the place. I want to give it a try, although I actually NEVER try any fish and chip in KL, I just don't like fish/seafood that much :p

We arrive the shop around 8 pm, it's was very clouded. The shop is very small, but luckily there still a place for us at the downstair. They had decorate downstair using underwater theme:

Underwater Decoration

I had ordered the regular Halibut & Chip, but I had forgot what my colleague ordered, I just remember he ordered the first item in the menu :p

Here are the dishes:
my colleague order

and my Halibut

Look big?? Yeah.. it's really very big for me, although I only order the regular set. The Halibut has very 'thick' body, so, it's has more 'chewing' feel as compare to others fish. With the 'thick' body, it means it's not that crispy as well. So, it's up to personal taste whether it's nice or not when take it as fried fish.

Overall, the fish is tasting good, very fresh. But the chips is not crispy enough, and doesn't taste good, I don't feel the potato taste in it.

And I think the dishes was too big, until I feel very 'zai' after finished it. Yes, I finished it by my own, 'Fung' can eat! :D. My Halibut cost me £10. [ Dun know why I like to spell the fish name, Halibut..Halibut.. :D].

The shop has an official website, which I think it's a bit out of date. The menu is not the one I saw, but you can get some history information from it, and it has link for you to invest as well.

5 comments:

whistler said...

hey, your photos so small, is it by mistake?

mf said...

dun know oh... it's the original size after i take out the 'width' from the img tag. Any idea??

mf said...

Thank you Whistler, I had found the MISTAKE!

Water Blower said...

wah.. £10 so expensive, not like you woh.

mf said...

Ya.. £10 is very expensive for me, but it's normal price when want to have dinner at any proper restaurant.

I had take a dinner at chinese restaurant, cost £20 pound, for just a fish, duck, vege, and char kuah teow. Lagi not worth for it