Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Cambridge @ 8th April 06

Cambridge city is an Univercity city. There are 31 colleges in Cambridge U, each of them is a separate building in the town. This U is the best among the world, it's worth to pay a visit.

For cost saving, I decided to take coach to visit this place. It only cost £10.50 for a return ticket. So, I think this is really cheap. Only bad thing about coach is that, it's slower than train. It take 2 hours to travel from London to Cambridge.

With the map on hand, I started to walk around.

1st, I visited King's college. Admission fee: £4.50.

King's College Main Entrance

It's famous of it's late Gothic chapel, this is the most famous sight in Cambridge. I didn't really remember the fact exactly, you can find out more details history about the King's College here. The chapel really very very impressive, especially the roof. It's not allowed to take photo in the chapel, sorry I don't have anything to show here except it's 'outlook'.

King's College Chapel

Keep walking along the way of King's college, I found the River Cam, where it's famous for punting - a unique style of boating here.

There are few punting hiring service in the town, the cheapest is £10 for an adult for aprox. 45 mins. There is a very nice lady, offered me the student price £8 [although I tell the truth that I am not a student anymore], but it's still too expensive for me, so, I only been there to take photo, but not enjoy it myself.

Punting at the River Cam

And this is the King's Parade, the road. As you see, it's very small road in the town, and it's make from brick.

King's Parade

2nd, Fitzwilliam Museum. Free Admission. This is an art museum in the town, I don't know why ends up I had spend too much time in this place, it was late evening after I get out from the museum.
Fitzwilliam Museum

I feel a bit regret actually, cause there is no more time for me to visit the Trinity College, which Sir Issacc Newton was study there before. I just manage to snap some photos for those remaining colleges.

Trinity College

St John College

Queen College



Very special church building, round church

Some one just married!



There are more photos at here. My Flikr account again hit's the limit, can't upload the whole album. So, it's end up I upload photos here and there, messy.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wau!! Wau!! I like those photo that you took..so nice!!

The only disappointed thing is the photo posted are too small...even click to enlarge also can see the bigger size photo..:(

Anonymous said...

Next time bring a tent, so u have more time to explore.

Anonymous said...

轻轻的我走了,
正如我悄悄的来.
我轻轻的招手,
作别西天的云采.
......

你让我想起徐志摩笔下的康桥!

康河真的很美!

mf said...

anonymous: Actually that's one of the reason I visit Cambridge ;)