Monday, March 31, 2008

Do you know your country?

Dear my fellow country-mate,
do you know how big is Malaysia?
do you know how big is the population in Malaysia?
do you know how big is Chinese population in Malaysia?
what language used when a Chinese meet Malay?
does Chinese go against other races?

Do you know all these??
These are the most popular questions I always got. To be frankly, I never has those figures in my mind... why should I memorize it?? Should I feel shame on myself??

Anyway, my answer to those questions usually are:
- not sure how big is Malaysia, just know it take about 6 hours drive from South to North, in a high way
- not sure how big is the population, but for sure it will never as big as in China, and sometime, I always tell it seems like 7 million(something I remember long time) ago)
- language we speak, as long as we can understand each other, Malay, Mandarin, Cantonese, English...

And when finally I feel want to give up, I will said: Let me send you a URL: https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/print/my.html
CIA one, dun play play you know..

2 comments:

Siu KeOnG said...

Lucky no ppl ask me this kind of question...phew~~~

碧云 said...

Wah...those people that you have meet is so "professional", ask this type of "官方问题"?

Usually people will just ask me "哗!你为什么会说普通话?..", because they thought Malaysian is all Malay...those are cant speak Chinese...

I always got to educate them..:"嘿!我们是大马华人,也受中文教育。还有,我们不住在树上... *_*"